My beauty favorites are pretty short and sweet for the month of August -
- Real Techniques Kabuki Brush: This brush is different from other kabukis I have seen because it hinges open creating a large, fluffy fan brush. It's perfect for quickly applying and blending out contour on the perimeter of the face.
- Josie Maran Model Citizen Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter With Radiance: This was a standout product from the summer months. I love the soft color it gave my skin plus the beautiful shimmer. Definitely not a product everyone would love, but if she releases it again next year, I will be repurchasing.
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in Light/Medium: This is the neatest brow product I have tried in a long time. It's probably easier to show you than explain it, so you can watch me apply it here.
- Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in I Want Candy: I bought this because my friend Lauren said it was a great color dupe for MAC's Viva Glam Cindy. I have been getting a ton of use out of this raspberry pink-red shade, and the lovely Sarah has been wearing it often too!
- L'Oreal Colour Riche la Laque Lip Color in Never Lacque-ing: Rosey neutrals are my go-to lip color for everyday. This formula is super opaque, glossy, and has great lasting ability. These are limited edition, so I would check for them the next time you are in a drugstore.
- butter LONDON Fiver & Champers: A cute nail combination that I recreated after seeing it in butter LONDON's Twitter feed. I'll include a picture of my manicure at the end of this post.
Non-beauty favorites -
- Mason Jar Tumbler: I cannot get enough of my TheMasonBarCompany tumbler. I chose the 24 oz. one and use it all the time. Bobbi has fantastic customer service, and I will be ordering from her again in the future. (I think these would make a great gift too!)
- Erin Condren Life Planner: I tried to shake things up this year and buy a different planner, but it just didn't feel right. I had to force myself to use it. It just wasn't set up how I needed it to be to organize my days. So back in July I ordered an EC Life Planner, and I feel like myself again (dramatic much?).
- Pretty Little Liars: I am completely caught up with the series and am too embarrassed to tell you how quickly I went through the seasons on Netflix. It is addictive, and I have lots of thoughts on who I think A is if you ever want to chat. If you are a fellow PLL-lover, I created a Spotify playlist of some songs I like from the show.
- The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty: Liane Moriarty is such a gifted story teller (I have read two other books written by her and really enjoyed them). I am not great at reviewing books, so I'm going to send you to my friend Becky's review.
Thanks for taking the time to read and watch. I hope you had a fantastic month of August. : )