When I see lipsticks marketed as long-wearing, the image of dry, cracked lips immediately pop to mind. It seems, though, that cosmetic brands are finally figuring out the formula for long-lasting, hydrating lip products. One that I'm absolutely loving is #377N Midnight Rose from the Lancome Rouge in Love line.
From Lancome's website:
- Comfortable, ultra light texture that feels like a second skin
- Up to 6 hours of wear
- Smooth and soft lips, thanks to nourishing and repairing oils
- Medium to full coverage provide high color pay off with long lasting shine
- Long wear color from new generation polymer
- Oil concentrated deposit on lips maintains comfort of a balm
- Shiny silicon creates brilliance of a gloss
- Highly pigmented: I only needed to swipe once to get full coverage on my lips.
- Light-weight: Usually pigmented lip colors are a heavy, cream texture, not so with Midnight Rose. I can even forget I'm wearing a lipstick.
- Long-lasting: With normal eating and drinking, this lasted about four and a half hours on my lips. What was especially nice was the flattering stain it left once the lipstick itself wore off.
- Moisturizing: I love that even in the cool, dry weather I feel like I can wear this lipstick because it leaves my lips feeling conditioned.
- Flattering: I think the bold fuchsia of Midnight Rose would complement a variety of skin tones.
Hope the review was helpful to you! : )