Last week on Pinterest, I saw Lauren Conrad's Fall Reading List. I love seeing what other people are reading (Goodreads is one of my favorite websites), so I thought I would share what books I'm planning to read this fall.
- The Casual Vacancy: I am in no way expecting this to be Harry Potter, but I think J.K. Rowling is a gifted writer, and I'm interested to see her contribution to the world of adult novels.
- The End of Your Life Book Club: Book Addict Katie recently gave this a five-star rating on Goodreads, and I trust her recommendations. The story is of a mother and son who start a book club together as the mother lays dying in the hospital. Through their favorite books their relationship grows. Something tells me I'm in for a lot of crying.
- The Great Gatsby: When I read this novel in high school, I was blown away by the characters and the 20's in general. The movie is coming out in 2013, so I would love to read it again this fall.
- Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create a Community: After a hiatus this summer, I'm really glad to be back to blogging. I'm hoping this book will act as a guide as I decide how I want my blog to look and develop in the next year. (check out the adorable book trailer.)
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead: This book has been talked about a lot by the people in my Twitter feed. In particular, Amy has labeled it a must-read.
- Lauren Conrad Beauty: I would want to read this for the cover alone - her hair and makeup look amazing! : )
- The Truth About Style: If there was one show I would want to marathon it would be What Not to Wear. I just love a good transformation story, and I enjoy watching Stacy and Clinton banter. (I actually got to meet Stacy last night! It was amazing! proof)
- Crazy Sexy Kitchen: 150 Plant-Empowered Recipes to Ignite a Mouthwatering Revolution: If you are interested in nutrition and the power of a plant-based diet, I highly recommend Kris Carr's other book, Crazy Sexy Diet. It's pretty intense, but I learned a lot.
Ok. I think that is more than enough to keep me busy. : ) What books are on your list?